Automotive Electrical Performance Projects is Tony Candela's second book, is published by CarTech Books and is now available for sale. This text takes what the reader learned in Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems and puts it to work to complete 14 popular automotive electrical projects - each outlined in step-by-step fashion.
Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems has done so well, it only made sense to do a follow up. I began my research for the second title by walking the show floor at SEMA in 2009. I talked to numerous companies and not only did I discover that my first book had filled a void, but that many wanted to be involved in a second. One of the most interesting twists came in the Holley booth as we discussed the possibility of doing a complete conversion from carburetion to EFI and outlining every step in great detail. This idea quickly turned into an excellent project and became my favorite chapter of the book.," commented Candela. He continued, "Automotive Electrical Performance Projects really came together quite well and there is nothing like it on the market. I'm confident that automotive enthusiasts of all ages will really enjoy it!"
The following is a snapshot of what you'll find between the covers:
- Project 1 - Adding an Interior Light Circuit
- Project 2 - Adding Turn Signal and High-Beam LED Indicators
Learn how to determine whether an existing circuit is performing optimally and how to repair it if it isn't . . .
- Learn how to determine whether an existing circuit is performing optimally and how to repair it if it isn't . . .
- Project 3 - Servicing a 40 Year Old Headlight System
- Project 4 - Upgrading a 40 Year Old Headlight System
- Project 7 - Evaluating the Performance of Electric Cooling Fans
- Project 8 - Optimizing the Performance of Electric Cooling Fans
- Project 9 - Determining the Output of an Alternator
- Project 10 - Upgrading the Alternator
Learn how to complete a variety of projects that add functionality . . .
- Project 6 - Install a Complete Set of State of the Art Fully Electronic Gauges
- Project 11 - Relocating the Battery to the Trunk . . . Safely!
Learn how to tackle an electrical project of any scale . . .
- Project 12 - Install a Complete Auxiliary Power System. This project covers the installation of an entire auxiliary power system to power a host of aftermarket accessories - 1968 Pontiac GTO illustrated.
- Project 13 - Install a Complete Aftermarket Wiring Harness. This project covers the installation of:
- A universal rear-located 18 circuit wiring harness
- Two auxiliary fuse panels and relay centers required to cover the host of modern conveniences
- The adaptation of a pair of CanBus power seats from a 2005 CLK55 AMG!
- A 10 Channel Keyless Entry System for complete automation
- And so much more!
- 1941 Willys Coupe illustrated - an all fiberglass body!
- Project 14 - Install a Complete Aftermarket Electronic Fuel Injection System. This project covers:
- Upgrading the Fuel System
- Upgrading the Ignition System
- Upgrading the Charging System
- Installation of the EFI Components, Sensors, and Wiring Harness
- The Tuning Process on a Chassis Dyno
- 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a roots blown BBC illustrated